Friday, January 15

In Bloom



I have achieved the perfect balance with today’s outfit. A straight mix of “Love it” and “Uh, that’s a lot of flowers.” It’s pretty much what I go for every day. I’m such a junkie that I actually am put off if I don’t elicit any sort of reaction. My Mum has assured me that most people don’t get comments on their outfits every day but that doesn’t make me feel any differently.



Moving on. All reactions aside, I really like this outfit. When I bought this dress I initially thought “Loud Jewish Woman on a Cruise” and rocked it with a turban. Today though I pulled out the floral leggings from last weeks outfit, belted it and off to work I went. But not before grabbing this awesome necklace. The Man bought it for me from an antique stall at the Valley Markets years ago and every time I wear it I feel like an old Jewish woman. So of course it fit perfectly with the dress.



 
I don’t know why these things make me feel Jewish but it’s a fun feeling to be someone else for a day. I am also often a Hippie, a Rocker, a “Corn Husker” (according to The Man) and the list is always expanding. I like not fitting into a specific category and I like when people tell me they saw an outfit that is “So you!” because I like to see what “me” actually is to them.

Finally, it is Sophie’s going away party tonight so it was important to me to wear something that was:

a) Fabulous
b) Comfortable
c) Good for dancing around like a fool in, to some sweet R ‘n’ B

 
Sunglasses: Cotton On
Necklace: Gift – Valley Markets
Dress: Trade Secret
Belt: Cue
Leggings: Valley Girl
Shoes: Rubi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.