Thursday, February 11

On the Trot


I was never into horses as a girl. I mean I guess they were cool and all but I was never one of the kids that stuck pictures of horses on my wall or coveted bridles. My walls were covered in Nirvana posters (43 of them at one count) and I coveted banged up or glittery electric guitars. Then there was The Camel Incident which left me with broken bones and a distinct aversion to tall 4 legged creatures.

 Now I think horses are awesome creatures and I’ve even come to forgive camels, mostly.


If I were to have been a horse girl I imagine that my equestrian teacher would have worn something like today’s outfit. With much more sensible, horse riding type shoes though. But maybe she’d slip these on to go home to her refined, Yale educated husband and their home on the edge of a beautiful green hillside…


Where was I? Oh yes, something wonderful happened at lunch today. Two wonderful things come to think of it. Firstly a woman stopped me as I was walking down the mall and said that she “hoped I didn’t mind her saying so but my hair looked beautiful and how did I do it?” Thanks nice lady, I certainly don’t mind you saying so at all. I think it’s important to compliment people on things like this. Doesn’t it just make your day when you get a stranger compliment? I always comment if something strikes me.


The second wonderful thing is that I bought a gorgeous handbag that I have been eyeing off for a good month and a half today. Yay! I’ll be sure and share the new guy with you all real soon.

Shirt: Myer
Vest: Target
Belt: Thrifted
Skirt: Valley Girl
Shoes: Rubi

2 comments:

  1. Love your hair! Please come down south and do mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are two wonderful things! Also, a vest is a wonderful thing. Especially one with such a pretty neckline and buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.