Monday, February 1

The Rains are Comin'


Oh grey, rainy weather, how I love thee. While the Northern part of the state is being battered by Cyclone Olga, we South East folk are being treated to some lovely rain and glorious less than 30 degree temperatures. And its forecast to rain for an entire week! Joy of joys!


I’ve always been happy to see the rain and that was prior to being on water restrictions for 5 years. These days I practically break out in a jig at the first sign of precipitation. It has however made me realise that I am going to need to do the ol’ Summer clothes swap out soon. I know better than to be too hasty though. Queensland Summers have a way of hanging around through March, well and truly wearing out their welcome.
 

I am sporting one of my op-shop finds in this rather battered mans belt. The colour and the scuff marks are exactly what I was after. We did well on Saturday. Not exceptional, but well. West definitely walked away with the score of the day and she knows that if she had put that gingham number back on the rack I’d have swooped it up in a second. Nice work Westie, a perfect op-shopping debut.


I’ll be sure and share my finds with you in the near future. But for now I’m off to curl up on the couch with The Man and a glass of wine and listen to the rain.
 
Cardigan: Witchery
Dress: Was Mum’s
Belt: Thrifted
Shoes: Rubi

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable. The perfect mix to show your love of the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.