Friday, May 7

Mama's Girl


This outfit is a bit of an homage to my Mum. When I was in younger I remember my Mum wearing a pair of jeans, white t-shirt and a black blazer. She always looked so good in it. Once, when I was in early high school I told her that no one wore belts any more and she'd better take it off. Was this the start of something?


Oh man, she had the best pair of torn/patched jeans too. I remember I borrowed them when I was 14 to wear to a local concert. I felt like the coolest kid there. What I'd give for those jeans now! Mind you, they'd only fit one and a half legs.


My Mum has always been a huge influence in my style life. She always helped me find the perfect thing to wear, even when it involved melding curtains and a dress into one. That dress was killer! Gosh, what I'd give for that now too. She never let me feel bad about myself or what I was wearing. She has been supportive in every incarnation I've, incarnated?, and looked absolutely gorgeous every step of the way. I've always wished I'd grow up to be like my Mum and if wearing today's outfit helps, well then you may be seeing a lot more of it.

Blazer: Kmart
Shirt: Cotton On
Jeans: SES Fashion
Ring: Diva
Shoes: Rubi

2 comments:

  1. I think that we very rarely credit our mums for all that they do for us so thank you for thanking mums. Your makeup looks especially pretty today too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice look...the jacket looks sharp on u


    http://donotshoeme.blogspot.com/

    follow if u like what u see?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.