Thursday, August 5

Let’s See Here

 
Ok, two types of stripes? Check. Two types of checks? Check. *Sigh* I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of print mixing. I wonder what the signs are that it’s becoming a real problem. Is there even anywhere one can go to seek help? “Hi my name is “____” and I’ve been print mixing for 18 weeks straight now. I find myself rearranging clothes on mannequins in stores to create better looks. I feel nauseas when I see a label with “Find My Matching….” on a piece of clothing. I can’t look at a person in uniform. Simple stripes and checks don’t do anything anymore. I need florals and hounds tooth and paisley and more, more, MORE!” Ahem…


Speaking of more, more, more, the shopping ban was up today – depending on how you look at it. By which I mean it’s been 4 weeks since I started. I’m torn as to whether it should be up on Sunday when it will be 8 July – 8 August. Perhaps I’m reading too much into it. Actually, when do you guys consider a month up?


I feel as though I should do a post on what I’ve learned/gained/missed over the last 4 weeks. With the haziness over how long it should actually go for though I think I’ll hold off until we’ve got it sorted. What I can tell you though is to thank you for reading and supporting me on this journey I will be hosting my first give away! And baby, it’s a good’n. 


Stay tuned for details in the coming days.

Shirt: Target
Top: Myer
Belt: Kmart
Skirt: Target
Ring: Artfire.com
Tights: Myer
Shoes: Big W

2 comments:

  1. You mix prints like no other lady. Especially the stripes and checks. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where you may deal with your addiction. There's a print mixer's anonymous meeting held every day at my blog. I battle with my love of florals with stripes. plaid with floral, polka dots with plaid. It's a daily struggle, but some day I'm sure I'll go back to being boring ol' me. :)

    Love this outfit!

    -Emily
    http://sartoriography.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.