Monday, August 22

How To Talk To The Boys Of Summer



So...I'm pretty sure I'm going to wear this outfit every day, forever. Only, I'm not wearing it right now. So,then, I guess I'll wear it a lot alright? OK.




This is what I rocked at Robba & Skentie's engagement party on Saturday night. The floral dress I had in mind didn't work out so I spent hours at Chermside only to wear something I already owned. Which is cool.




You know I actually planned this outfit way back when we lived at the old apartment. One night I was feeling particularly inspired and wrote a bunch of outfit combinations down on the back of a blue index card. This being one of them.




Of course I didn't know about my Cherry Red Doc Martens then. I actually said to Luke before we left for the party that I felt bad for my other Docs. They're not getting much of a look in at the moment. The Cherry Red is just so flattering on my skin colour...of super pale. Heh. But it's OK, we had a chat, I'll take them out for a spin soon.




So I think you should know - I had 2 themes/songs in mind when I got dressed. How Do You Talk To An Angel by The Heights (though when do I not get dressed with that in mind...). And Boys of Summer by Don Henley. I went with a strong lip/eye make up combo a la 1980's - hello fuchsia YSL lipstick!




All in all it was a fantastic night (congratulations again guys!) and I'm stoked to have found a new favourite outfit. Yay everything!


P.S I know I said I was going to share my 3rd exciting thing with you last week but...I can't just yet! I'm so sorry. Patience is not one of my virtues and I kinda jumped the gun. I promise it's coming soon and I double promise it'll totally be worth the wait!


Jacket: Was Mum's
Dress: Myer
Bangle: Lovisa
Slip: Was Mum's
Boots: Gift



4 comments:

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.