Monday, January 18

Come Fly with Me



I’m not gonna lie to you folks, I got off to a wobbly start this morning. I did myself a mischief in the kitchen yesterday afternoon while preparing my carrot sticks for today’s morning snack. I sliced right down my thumb nail and The Man says I was lucky, if I didn’t have a nail there I would have gone right to the bone. Ew.




So this morning I was, well, all thumbs with my Care Bear clad thumb getting in the way of buttons, buckles and salt and pepper shakers. Not happy Jan.



And guys, it’s hot today. It is H-O-T. 36 degrees Celsius. So my main prerogative was to wear something as cool as possible while still remaining decent. This “Corn Husker” (thanks hubby) shirt is perfect because it’s nice and light and still respectable. I’m loving this kerchief with it. Mere words cannot express the joy I find in mixing spots, stripes, checks and prints. I then kept it simple on the bottom with a black work skirt and flats because honestly, who can be bothered with more than that when it’s almost the same temperature as your innards out there. 



End result? I look like a flight attendant. And I like it. Book me a one way flight to somewhere a hell of a lot cooler than here!

Sunglasses: Cotton On
Shirt: Valley Girl
Kerchief: Myer
Skirt: Was Mum’s?
Shoes: Rubi
Hair Clips: Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.