Monday, January 25

In Between Days



It’s Australia Day tomorrow and I reckon I can sum up our nation’s population today in one of 2 groups.

1. Chucked a sickie
2. Going through the motions at work hanging out for 5pm

I fall into the second category. 



For those of you outside of this giant floating land of red dirt and kangaroos, Australia Day is a public holiday in which you drink beer from 11am (when the JJJ Hottest 100 starts) and play cricket in the back yard, park or street; have a BBQ, and generally revel in the sunshine while shoo-ing flies away from the pavlova. It’s pretty great.

But as it’s fallen on a Tuesday this year we’ve all got to suit up and sit at desks for the 8 hours between the weekend and Australia Day.



I have mixed feelings about this dress. When I bought it there was this funky, half snap belt type thing attached to it that popped undone pretty much whenever I moved. So I took it off. But there are also these little ties in the middle that has holes underneath that I can’t quite figure out. Basically it’s a bit of a weird shape and is too short to wear without tights or leggings. Not sure if want.



I haven’t paired it with florals before though and I like the contrast.



And that’s about all I have to say about that. In my mind I’m already reaching into the eskie for my first cold one of the day, stereo blasting, sun shining.

Sunglasses: Myer
Hair clip: Diva
Sunglasses: Myer
Dress: Myer
Belt: Valley Girl
Leggings: Valley Girl
Shoes: Rubi
Bag: Gift
Scarf: Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.