Friday, January 22

Yorick



This one is all about the details. It’s casual Friday but I don’t believe that you should dress down unless you feel like it. Often the stress of finding an outfit that I like with jeans, during summer, is just not worth it. So I’ve taken something that I could (and did) wear to work on a regular day and added details that wouldn’t usually be appropriate.

Like skulls.

I like skulls. A lot. You may have noticed. And I do manage to incorporate them into my daily work wear but today I’ve gone overboard. The badge is the real kicker. The rest could kind of go by unnoticed but this glaring badge screams “I’m wearing a skull badge!”



I made these earrings a few years back and they always elicit a comment.



This badge reminds me of an old vinyl and I think it works great combined with this zip belt. There’s another tiny belt hiding under that one because when I go overboard, I go overboard. 



Earrings: Lovers, Saints & Sailors
Dress: Trade Secret
Badge: Junk shop
Zip Belt: Sportsgirl
Thin Belt: I think it came from a pair of pants or a skirt that I bought at Ross 100 years ago
Black Skull Ring: Jay Jays
White Skull Ring: Spotlight
Leggings: Dotti
Shoes: Rubi

2 comments:

  1. Good point about keeping casual Friday as simple as possible. In the way that accessories are a simple change, and jeans are a major change.

    I have a skull tattoo on the inside of my arm with a banner that says "Like you I was, like me you will be." I always think of it as my Yorick tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tattoo!

    Yeah I think there is way too much pressure on casual Friday or directed dressing in general. The most important thing is to feel good in what you're wearing no matter the occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.