Monday, February 8

Charmed I’m Sure


We moved around a lot when I was growing up. I loved it. Exploring all of the new rooms, putting your favourite things in their new places, figuring out the route to and from school.


One memory I have from being the “New Girl” has stuck with me to this day. I’ve always had my own style and the satin harem pants, raw silk shirt and medicine bag I wore around my neck on my first day at this mountain school were just regular garb for me. I guess it wasn’t for the other kids because I clearly remember being taunted by a boy – “Go home Gypsy!” Which I found rather stupid. Gypsies don’t have a home or they do, in their caravan which is wherever they are. Silly boy.


I survived and I am happy to embrace my Gypsy roots in every sense. I have oodles of fantastic stories to tell and adjust to new surroundings quickly. Style wise this top peaking out from the sensible black work dress makes me happy. And I like to think of the charms on my wrist as a collection of things I hold dear. I’ve since lost the medicine bag and the beliefs that went along with it but I will forever cherish my itchy feet and love of new things.

Earrings: Who knows…
Top: Tightrope
Dress: Myer
Scarf worn as belt: David Jones
Wrist attire: Thrifted, gifted & Diva
Shoes: Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.