Monday, February 22

Number 8


When I was 8 years old I remember thinking that the sexiest outfit ever was a short tight mini skirt paired with an oversized sweater or men's shirt. And I still do. Mind you, the sweater I imagined at the time was a heavy cable knit paired with equally large hair. Yes, I was born in the 80's.

Image courtesy of IMDB

I also remember a scene in the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film when they're out at the farmhouse and April is wearing a tight short skirt and a men's shirt. Again, I must have been all of 8 and I thought she was just the coolest chick ever. Turns out 8 must have been a pivotal time for me.


As I can't very well wear a short, tight mini skirt to work I went the next best thing with the pencil skirt. Once I paired this shirt with it I realised that I also reminded myself of George from The Sartorialist. Page 60 for those of you reading along at home. I think it's the extra high roll on the sleeve.


Now as a treat, a pic from the weekend. It was an action packed one let me tell you. This pic is from Sunday when we went to Shnookies house to watch UFC 110. I took full advantage of the opportunity to dress appropriately. Note the singlet worn inside out to subvert the message. I know, I impress myself.


I also rocked the hair style suggested last week by Yes and Yes and absolutely loved it! It's definitely going to make repeated appearances.  I used to be a lot more experimental with my hair, particularly in High School where I remember winding my hair around a coathanger (it was waist length back then) to achieve a look not dissimilar to a Teletubby. Ah, youth. But this style is that perfect compromise between Teletubby and Upstanding Citizen.


And that's my favourite kind of compromise.

Sunglasses: Cotton On
Shirt: The Man's by way of Myer
Skirt: Target
Shoes: Rubi

UFC 110 Outfit
Singlets: Kmart, Big W
Skirt: Cotton On
Shoes: Myer (Aren't they just the raddest thing EVER!!)

1 comment:

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.