Tuesday, July 20

Keep Going


I feel like if I slept for a week I’d be just about right again. Knowing full well that is not going to happen all you can do is get up and keep going. The week is only going to get busier from here on out so I think it will be in my best interest to go home tonight, have a cup of tea, put away the ever growing mound of clean clothes and plan some outfits for the coming days.

Hehe, this picture makes me laugh.
 
Note the floral, check combination today. I so enjoyed the last time that I wanted to try it again. There are a purple and a grey running through both that are almost identical and I think the muted tones of the skirt works well with the somewhat bright tones of the leggings. I really like this skirt. It’s flannel and warm and has an element of grunge to it which I’m all for. Mind you, when we were in Melbourne it felt no warmer than a piece of cheese cloth. Thank god for 200 denier tights.


The jewellery has served as a bit of a message today, in a way. A lot of people see my interest in skulls as morbid and only associate them with death. I see them more as an indication that something is still here after your gone. 2 together say eternal love to me. I see your “til death do we part” and raise you one. Anyway, to me this collection together says, “Live your life in peace. We’re all here for a while and then we’re gone, so do a good job. Be kind, live well.” Who would have thought trinkets could say so much?

Blazer: Kmart
Top: Myer
Necklaces: Diva, Dangerfield, Gift
Singlet: Woolworths
Skirt: Myer
Leggings: Valley Girl
Boots: Myer

6 comments:

  1. Australia is one of my fave places EVER. I miss it so. And I have a short-sleeved version of that top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great colors, well-arranged, like the super-

    Adam,
    http://fashionsipartofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tights. I'm seriously in love with them. Please do a close-up shot. :)

    Gorgeous outfit.

    PS. Don't forget to enter the Giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your top is so awesome! The two different sizes of stripes look so chic!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this outfit. You are so much fun. Adore your style!!

    I like sculls as well. Though to me it is sort of the opposite, a reminder of our frail mortality, that one day our bodies die but our spirits live on. Makes me think of one of my favorite quotes: "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." c.s. lewis.

    Anyway, YES to this outfit. Adore it.

    Also: can I feature you as my blog obsession of the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want that shirt. Badly.

    Love your leggings too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.