Thursday, January 13

What To Say


Man, I've started and stopped writing this so many times now. I really just don't know what to say. I've finished up work for the week so The Man and I are heading out tomorrow to help with the flood clean up.


The Brisbane River peaked lower than expected early this morning at 4.46m instead of 4.6m. While this saved a number of homes, 20,000 were still inundated. The water is slowly beginning to subside but it's been said that recovery could take at least 2 years. It's still just unfathomable that this has happened here.


Thank you for all of your thoughts and well wishes, they mean so much. And I want you to know something. We're Queenslander's - and if that means anything, it means that we won't be beaten. No amount of water could wash away our will. Just you wait and see.

Headband: Gift
Necklace: Lovisa
Shirt: Gift
Bag: Gift
Skirt: Cotton On
Shoes: Target

2 comments:

  1. I got the rings in the mail today!!!!!! yaaaayyy!!!! i will make a post about it later this week!< thank you so much i love them!!


    love
    Paolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, just reading about what happened over in australia..makes my heart ache, really. my heart goes out you and everyone over there, and i'm glad that you're safe and still kicking. :) stay strong. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.