Wednesday, January 20

Puppy Love



Behold. My favourite Thrift Store find, ever. I found this guy when I lived in Santa Cruz. It’s vintage Givenchy with tiny brown Scottie Dogs on it. I love, love, love, love, love it.



It’s very well worn and I like to imagine how it got to this state. It’s getting more and more frayed and I’ve contemplated taking it to an invisible mender because I don’t ever want to have to part with it. And best of all? It was a buck. A buck! One dollaroonie. 



Which brings me to my point of today. Thrifting in America is different to thrifting in Australia. In America you can find things like a vintage Givenchy tie for $1. And designer shoes in your size for $4 and so on and so forth. In Australia, in my experience, you’re more likely to find out of shape Kmart brand nylon shirts for $8. Don’t get me wrong, there are gems amongst the rough. When I was in High School I found a vintage camel hair coat in our tiny mountain town’s thrift store for $8. This is the exception though. And I think it’s because designer clothing is so much more readily available in America. For example the Rodarte collection through Target. I couldn’t even order any of that online to be shipped here. In Australia if you get something good you wanna hold onto it with all your might because who knows when you’ll get the chance to have something like it again?



I guess that’s what comes with living on a huge island at the bottom of the world.

Sunglasses: Cotton On
Tie: Thrifted
Shirt: Thrifted
Dress: Myer
Belt: Myer
Watch: Customised by Lovers, Saints & Sailors
Shoes: Rubi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.