Monday, April 19

Carry On


It's getting colder. We're going to have to put another blanket on the bed and I've moved into cardigan territory. It's only a matter of time until tights are a permanent fixture round here. I love it.


I feel like I'm from war torn England in today's outfit. Maybe it's because this cardigan reminds me of something my Grandma would wear. I imagine I'm a young woman in the 1940's working part time in a local charity or some such place doing their bookkeeping. The wings pinned to my cardigan are from my older brother's first tour of duty. I'm on my way home to a meal of cabbage and beans where I'll sit around the fireplace with my family transforming a pair of curtains into a sensible twill dress.

Cardigan: Big W
Shirt: Thrifted
Wings: Valley Markets
Belt: Was Mum's
Skirt: Valley Girl
Shoes: Rubi
 

1 comment:

  1. And at the window is your mother and she can't wait to tell you how beautiful you looked as you walked up the garden path and how your smile brightens the most darkest of days

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.